Whether you are considering lock replacement or installation for your home or your business, you want to feel confident that the lock you choose is going to offer as many benefits as possible. Smart locks can provide you with increased security, greater convenience and improved property value, but there are also a lot of myths out there about these locks that might cause you to hesitate on a smart lock purchase. Understanding these myths and the realities of smart lock installation in Fairfax, VA can help you feel more confident when you decide to purchase a smart lock:
- Smart locks are difficult to use: People who aren’t technologically inclined might feel intimidated by smart locks, but these locks are designed to be user-friendly and very intuitive. With a basic tutorial from a locksmith, you will probably be able to operate your smart lock without any problems. There are also plenty of online resources that you can use to help you learn how to get the most out of your smart lock.
- Smart locks don’t work for older homes: If you have an older home, you might be under the impression that a smart lock simply won’t work for you, but you can actually benefit from this kind of technology for your older home. Smart locks are compatible with a wide variety of different types of networks and can be integrated into other smart home systems. This makes them versatile enough to be used in virtually any home, whether your home is brand new or decades old.
- Wiring for smart locks is complicated: A lot of people think that smart locks have to be wired into their home’s electricity system, but most smart locks are battery operated, meaning that no additional wiring is required. This makes smart lock installation in Fairfax, VA easy and convenient so you don’t have to worry about a complicated electrical project. And because smart locks aren’t wired into your electrical system, you don’t have to worry about the lock shutting down if you lose power.
- Mechanical locks and keys are a safer option: Some people believe that mechanical locks and keys are safer and more secure than smart locks, but the reality is that smart locks are one of the safest options on the market. You can feel confident in your home’s security when you invest in this kind of locking system over mechanical locks and keys.
- Smart locks are unattractive: One of the concerns that people have when they’re thinking about investing in smart locks is that their locks will detract from the aesthetic appeal of their homes. While some smart locks do appear bulky, modern smart locks offer the perfect balance of functionality and aesthetic appeal.
Learn more about smart lock installation in Fairfax, VA
At Artie’s Lock and Key, we know that there is a lot of misinformation out there about smart locks, and we are here to answer all of your important questions. We are proud to provide comprehensive mobile locksmithing services, including smart lock installation in Fairfax, VA. You can learn more about everything that we have to offer and request a consultation and quote for our products and services by giving our team a call today.
Categorised in: Smart Lock Installation
This post was written by Writer