Your commercial storefront door is a vital component of your business. Your door is integral in creating a good first impression for anyone that walks into your store. If your door looks shoddy and needs commercial door repair in Fairfax, VA, you put yourself in jeopardy of losing that customer’s business. On the other hand, a nice-looking door can help draw in customers and help you generate revenue. If it’s been a while since you’ve replaced your door, keep reading—this post will teach you what you need to know about choosing a new door for your business.
Things to consider
You never want to rush into anything before making a purchase. Here are a couple of things to consider before you buy and install a new door for your storefront:
- Appearance: First and foremost, you need to choose a door that looks great and goes along with the rest of your store’s facade. As you’ll learn below, your options for door styles are nearly limitless, so be sure to shop around and choose the best-looking door for your business.
- Security: Appearance is obviously crucial, but we can’t overemphasize the importance of safety and security. Make sure your new door has a top-of-the-line lock to help prevent any break-ins. Additionally, make repairs as soon as you notice any signs of damage, as a compromised door makes it easy for burglars to get in.
- Cost: Don’t overspend when you’re shopping for a door! Sure, having a new, great-looking door is important, but it may not be worth breaking the bank over. The good news is that you can find great deals on new doors if you just put in a little time and effort to shop around.
Types of storefront doors
As you can imagine, there are many types of doors out there. The material your door is made of is ultimately up to you, but here are a few of your top options:
- Aluminum: An aluminum door is durable, cost-effective and can be painted to match the exterior of your building. These doors are also safe and secure, so you don’t need to worry about break-ins occurring at your property. For all of these reasons, aluminum is the number one choice for commercial doors across the country.
- Glass: Give your business a more modern look by installing a glass door. In addition to a sleek appearance, glass doors let in more light and can make your store seem larger than it actually is.
- Steel: The back of your business most likely doesn’t need to impress anyone. For that reason, we recommend choosing steel for the rear door of your commercial building. It doesn’t have any frills, but a steel door will last for years and years without needing repair, which is what really matters in the long run. And depending on the area around your business, you may be able to get away with a steel door on your storefront and blend right in!
Whether you need installation or commercial door repair in Fairfax, VA, be sure to choose Artie’s Lock And Key. We have decades of industry experience working with doors of all kinds, so you can rest easy knowing that there’s nothing we can’t do.
Categorised in: Commercial Door Repair
This post was written by Writer