It’s one of the most commonplace experiences that can really frustrate someone: you’re ready to leave the house, the car is packed and maybe the kids are even ready to go, but you can’t find your car keys anywhere. You wind up spending valuable time tearing the house apart trying to track them down, getting more and more frustrated in the process.
Why go through all of this aggravation? Our experts in car key replacement in Fairfax, VA have put together the following tips to make sure you don’t lose your keys and instead are able to spend your time driving off to fun and adventure:
- Put a tracker on them: One of the advantages of living in the times that we do is that there’s typically a gadget for everything. Many companies now make trackers that you can put on your keyring and then access via your smartphone, making it easy to track down your keys via a beeping noise or possibly even GPS.
- Get a spare set: As a premier provider of car key replacement in Fairfax, VA, we freely admit that this is our favorite suggestion! Making an extra set of keys has never been easier, and it can really go a long way toward preserving your peace of mind. You can stash the spare keys in a known place and feel confident that you can always grab them and go.
- Always put them in the same spot: This one probably sounds obvious, but it can really help. If you have a spot on your counter or near the door where you can toss your keys out of habit, it will become second nature before you know it and you’ll be well on your way to having an easier time remembering where they are.
- Put them in a receptacle: Expanding on the previous bullet point, having a designated container for your keys can make it all the easier to remember where to find them. You can find one that fits your home’s décor and your personality as well.
- Note to self: Another way technology makes life easier for the customers at Artie’s Lock and Key is that you can easily set a reminder or write a note in your smartphone. If you stash your keys somewhere unusual, write yourself a quick reminder and you’ll have a much easier time finding them when you need them.
- Attach them to something: You can easily attach your keys to your other valuables with a chain or with a specialized wallet. This ensures you don’t leave the house without everything you need and makes it certain you’ll be good to go for the day.
At Artie’s Lock and Key, our team of experienced locksmiths is one of the best in the business, and we want our customers to always be able to track down their keys. We do jobs big and small, and have been in the business for over 40 years, so you know we have the expertise you can trust. Car key replacement in Fairfax, VA is one of our specialties, and we know the lock business inside and out—give us a call or stop by anytime and we can help you with all of your locksmithing needs.
Categorised in: Auto Locksmith
This post was written by Writer